her kan du læse om udenlandske skoler
Drama School „Ernst Busch“ Puppetry Department
Our school offers a training for the animation of puppets (movement and body language of puppets and objects), in traditional forms: glove puppets, stick puppets, marionettes, improvisation with puppets, full-bodypuppets, animatronics and different special mixing techniques. Voice coaching is contained, speech and singing, movement, dance, pantomime, fencing and acrobatics. There is an acting seminar, scene studies in acting, the described techniques of puppetry, studio performances, the diploma production and courses about animationfilm, film and tv.
The school also offers theoretical courses, such as theatre history, aesthetics and the theory of puppetry. It takes 4 years to study. One has to take a qualification test and an access test, to be allowed to study here. The knowledge of the German language is necessary.
The students work is presented to the public three times a year. These presentations have to be repeated a few times because of the publics interest. Our students are working in their 3. and 4. year in free projects in cooperation with different theatres (Berlin, Zürich, Erfurt, Salzburg, Halle, Frankfurt am Main). In these productions our students work solo/only with puppets and other objects or they work with actors and puppets on stage.
The student - teacher relationship fell behind and we are getting every day closer to a "partnership"between students and teachers.
A good connection with pratice and the publishing of our work increased the cooperation and communication with our other faculties (directors, actors, choreographie). For the 1. Year students we have an introductory course where the students of all faculties can meet and learn something about the other arts from the beginning.
However if you want to participate only in some selected courses over a certain periode of time, you can do this as a guest listener. In this case knowledge of english language be very helpful.
If you currently study at an university you can participate in our courses free of charge, as a guest listener. If you do not study, you can participate as a side listener –depending on how long and in which seminars you want to participate, there is a fee to pay. These costs are not very high at the moment.
This training over 8 semesters shows practical ways and a variety of artistic possibilities through the
various media on the stage, in the public to enter. The puppet show, as an ancient art that is only
through the influences of other arts fully unfolded, is open to other genres - dance, drama, film,
performance and electronic media.
Teaching Degree in puppetry arts, the students for the profession Puppenspieler-in/Darstellender
artists trained in the artistic work, creativity and public impact in the knowledge of the personal,
human, cultural and social responsibility practice and the demands of a changing professional
practice can not only meet, but they make. Puppet art is seen as a special kind of performing arts
understood that as a communicative action by means of physical media realized. By setting the
content, language dubbing and the animation of these media, they are: dolls, things, objects - with
scenic game material that the combination of opposites: object and subject of the game - the whole
experience in the imagination of the viewer, to theater, to movie is.
On the main "puppet theater" come subjects like: object theater, Anima Tronics, drama, singing,
speaking, puppetry techniques, movement, mime, acrobatics, visual design theory. In addition to the
practice of theoretical subjects: Puppet theory, history, aesthetics, art and cultural history,
General Study Objectives:
1. the ability of the students solo, in teams and staging in theater arts ensembles to work
2. the emergence of the ability and skill through animation of dolls, materials and objects as well
as through creative application of traditional puppetry techniques and forms to be convincing
character designs to go
3. the ability, as an actress / actor in various theatrical forms of communication to become
4. the ability to conceptual work in the theater, that is responsible for its own or jointly
responsible determination of the objectives, content and methods of artistic production in its
5. ability, bildgestalterischen potential effect of his game materials (puppets, objects, stage and
set design) to recognize productive say in the presentation process and deliberately to mobilize.
(2) Various kinds of performance opportunities and working meetings on national and international
terrain serve the necessary confrontation with the development of contemporary art.
(3) teaching, study and artistic development, collaborations with the aim
Theater-/Puppentheaterpraxis as well as with similar institutions worldwide.
(4) The general study objectives and content are continually reviewed and in relation to the
development of art, science and society set.
Objectives of the undergraduate
While the basic effect of the integration of study puppetry arts in the study at the Academy of
Dramatic Arts "Ernst Busch" in the form of joint courses of puppetry and drama students and
students from. (2) Objectives of the undergraduate are:
1. Discover, Detect and unfolding of individual and personal artistic expression will and assets of
2. Release of spontaneity and imagination, and expression, mediation and communication skills,
3. Reduction of expression of inhibitions,
4. Training of animators abilities and their improvement,
5. gained personal dramatic means of expression in gaming operations and to their own stage
effects to know
6. Development and training of physical, vocal and linguistic expression of consciousness and
7. Strengthening of monitoring capacity and the emotional and physical, sensory memory of the
8. Awareness and cultivation of the creative imagination and devices,
9. Development of analytical skills and ability to verbal reasoning in the work,
10. Mastery of basic knowledge of theater and art history and aesthetics, culture and social
11. Mastery of basic skills of puppet history, theory and aesthetics of the puppet,
12. Developing the ability to dolls playful tasks methodically to work, and the skills, experience
and recognized during the study deliberately retrieve and according to operation,
13. Ability to conceptualize, organize, try and realize - alone or with partners - from complex
production projects, implemented in the "free project",
14. Learn from the audience response in Preludes and public performances, these productive to do
with evaluations in the work team and in a circle of teachers and students of the university,
15. To develop capabilities to deal with academic and professional motivation regenerating
Objectives of the main
1. Expansion and deepening of the basic experience, knowledge, skills and abilities, and their
deliberate use to solve Dolls playful / actors functions as a soloist or a soloist and in production
2. Development of visual imagination and design skills, as well as the acquisition of craft skills in
the field of puppet-making,
3. Testing and monitoring of the basic communicative nature of the puppet making, and the
conscious application of game communication as the material of theatrical realization,
4. Knowledge and testing of various playing styles, using various forms of representation and
techniques (as a puppet and drama) with their laws and effects,
5. Knowledge and testing of different theatrical concepts and ways of working and which
communicative and aesthetic effect of intentions and consequences,
6. Developing the capacity for conceptual puppet work and self-responsible production
7. Development of free diploma project, the written thesis and the ensemble Diploma project.
og hvis du vil læse mere om kurset på Hochschule Ernst Busch den 1 uge i november 2010 så tryk på Ernst Busch nedenfor